What are the Overnight Cancellation Policies?
Guest cancellation policy
If you cancel your stay 3 days or more prior to your expected arrival date, the cost of your booking will be refunded, not including fees. Overnight fees are non-refundable.
The below exceptions are also eligible for a partial refund:
- If a guest cancels a booking within an hour of making that booking, receive a refund minus a $15 cancellation fee
- If a guest faces extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Overnight Resolutions Team
- If a host cancels a stay on their own accord prior to the guest's arrival
- If a complaint is filed from either guest or host within 24 hours of check-in. The Overnight Resolutions Team will mediate when necessary, and has final say in these claims.
- If a cancellation is initiated by Overnight for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service
A reservation is considered officially cancelled when a guest or host taps the cancellation confirmation button, found in the top-right corner of the Booking Details view.
Have more questions? Find more answers in the Overnight Help center
Host cancellation policy
Canceling on a guest, though rare, can significantly alter a guest's plans and are often met with penalties for a host as well as an increased risk of being disabled from the Host Community. Cancellation for a host will be handled as follows:
- Your first cancellation fee will be waived as a courtesy from Overnight.
- Thereafter, the following fees apply:
- More than 3 days before a guest check-in: You'll be charged a $30 fee per cancellation
- Within 3 days of a guest check-in: You'll be charged a $60 fee per cancellation
- Any applicable cancellation fees are automatically deducted from your next payout.
Other penalties that apply:
- Increased risk of being disabled: Cancellations can significantly disrupt a guest's plan and will place your listing in an automated review process to determine host eligibility going forward.
- Staff Pick removal: Staff Picks are chosen from existing Overnight hosts based on having above average acceptance and response rates and helps drive more guests to a listing. After a host cancellation, you won't be eligible to earn Staff Pick status for 365 days.