What happens if a guest cancels or wants to change their booking?
If a guest requests changes to their itinerary, such as different check-in or check-out dates, its up to you to decide if you'd like to accommodate those requests. That being said, we do have a guest cancellation policy in place:
If a guest cancels their stay 3 days or more prior to the expected arrival date, the cost of the booking will be refunded, not including fees. Overnight fees are non-refundable.
The below exceptions are also eligible for a partial refund:
- If a guest cancels a booking within an hour for a same-day booking, receive a refund minus a $15 cancellation fee
- If a guest faces extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Overnight Resolutions Team
- If a host cancels a stay on their own accord prior to the guest's arrival
- If a complaint is filed from either guest or host within 24 hours of check-in. The Overnight Resolutions Team will mediate when necessary, and has final say in these claims.
- If a cancellation is initiated by Overnight for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service
A reservation is considered officially cancelled when a guest or host taps the cancellation confirmation button, found in the top-right corner of the Booking Details view.