What happens if I can no longer host after I've accepted a guest?
Canceling on a guest, though rare, can significantly alter a guest's plans and are often met with penalties for a host as well as an increased risk of being disabled from the Host Community. Cancellation for a host will be handled as follows:
- Your first cancellation fee will be waived as a courtesy from Overnight.
- Thereafter, the following fees apply:
- More than 3 days before a guest check-in: You'll be charged a $30 fee per cancellation
- Within 3 days of a guest check-in: You'll be charged a $60 fee per cancellation
- Any applicable cancellation fees are automatically deducted from your next payout.
Other penalties that apply:
- Increased risk of being disabled: Cancellations can significantly disrupt a guest's plan and will place your listing in an automated review process to determine host eligibility going forward.
- Staff Pick removal: Staff Picks are chosen from existing Overnight hosts based on having above average acceptance and response rates and helps drive more guests to a listing. After a host cancellation, you won't be eligible to earn Staff Pick status for 365 days.
Please contact us with any questions.