I'm a new host. What info should I make sure to tell my guests?
When considering what info your guests should know about your home during their stay, it may help to think about the last time you stayed with a friend or family member and try to recall what you needed to know, from the start of your stay through the end.
A few suggestions:
- Parking : Make clear what the parking situation is, whether its street parking, a designated parking space, garage code, etc.
- Access : Where to find house keys (and leave them), any gate or elevator codes, instructions for deactivating home security.
- Wifi : Network name and password. Keep this info handy with a sticky note on the fridge!
- Amenities : How to adjust temperature controls (include min & max temps if necessary), TV remote help, where to find the coffee mugs, etc.
- Neighbors : Do the people upstairs have a baby? Does your next door neighbor have a tendency to drop by unannounced? Let them know if there's anything quirky they may encounter during their stay.