How can I improve my listing for more bookings?
There are a few steps you can take to improve your listing and increase your booking rate. The most immediate actions you can take include:
Complete your profile: Your listing should have a friendly description, 5 photos, and payout details.
Update your calendar: If you explicitly mark your calendar as "Available", you'll appear higher in search results than you would if you'd not set your availability.
Boost your listing: Boosted listings will appear at the top of search results and receive maximum visibility. You can Boost once a day, every day from your Hosting Center.
To improve the quality of your listing, incorporate some of our suggestions that will make your profile more appealing to travelers:
- Describe where the guest will be sleeping and any other details that are important for your guest to know
- Describe what you love about the neighborhood
- Describe useful amenities that the guest can use (WiFi, TV, Kitchen, Parking).
- Highlight what makes your listing special (pool, deck, hot tub, views, puppy).
Detail any house rules or quirks about your listing (Door automatically locks sometimes, neighbor has a baby, etc.).
- Have the first image the guest views be a shot of where they will be sleeping. Either a bed, an air mattress, etc. Transparency in your listing is key
- If possible, use a tripod when taking photos
- Shoot straight on, instead of from an angle
- Make sure your home is well-lit and clean. Time to do those dishes!
- Take photos with the flash off to reduce bounce back