Why do I need to be verified?
Establishing trust and safety is an utmost priority at Overnight. By joining the Overnight community, we ask that users go through a five-step verification process to ensure everyone in the community is vetted and verified.
- Facebook Login – Users are required to log in and create profiles with their Facebook accounts. We do this to ensure users have an identity and social following and also as a means to build a rich profile for users.
- Phone Number – To make a request or save a listing users must provide and verify a valid phone number.
- Valid Bank Account – Hosts must verify their bank account information to receive payment from guests staying at their location.
- Credit card – Guests must pay with a valid credit card before being given any information as it relates to contacting the host or having their address.
- Government-issued ID – Users may also scan an official identification card (driver’s license, passport) for added security and comfort when booking with a host.
We use these verification measures to ensure that both guests and hosts are safe and secure. We personally vet every member of the Overnight Community, and always have your trust and safety as our #1 priority. If you have further questions about our verification steps, please contact us.